Tuesday, August 26, 2008

One of the best days eva

Friday goes down as one of the days of my life. After years and years of hell I finally went to a female gynaecologist at the North Eastern community hospital. Neil came with me for comfort and support. I was expecting the worst. I was expecting this horrible confrontational doctor. I was expecting that she wouldn't believe me. I was expecting to be turned away empty handed with no treatment no nothing. I was expecting that I would have to live the rest of my life in misery because of my periods. I WAS WRONG! The doctor was so beautiful and caring. She listened to me. She listened to my history of major hormonal problems. She gave me diagnosis of "Premenstrual dysphoric disorder". 10 percent of woman get this disorder worldwide.

For years and years I have had to put up with this (below) two weeks out of a month! Yes half of my life!!!!!
Persistent sadness or depression
Marked anxiety, feelings of being "keyed up"or "on edge"
Mood swings often marked by periods of teariness
Persistent or marked anger or irritability
Decreased interest in usual activities
Fatigue or lethargy
A feeling of being overwhelmed or out of control
Flu-like symptoms, including muscle aches, headaches and joint pain
Breast tenderness
Changes in sleep patterns — problems falling and staying asleep or sleeping too much
Changes in appetite — overeating, lack of appetite or specific food cravings

My doctor is going to give me an implant and medication to stop my body from ovulating, ie; stop my body from having periods!!!!! Yes yes yes!!!! I get this medication on Wednesday and it will start working within two weeks! This will have a MAJOR and I mean MAJOR impact on my life! I cannot not even imagine all the things I am going to be able to do!!!!!!
After the appointment Neil and went out to lunch on Norward Parade. It was one of the most relaxing, peace of mind lunches ever!!!

I am blessed!

I brought this awesome little mini album kit (below). I love Elsie's stuff! So fun and cute! I'm not to sure what I plan on doing with this yet!













I brought this cute little Neverland print for Caleb's bedroom! Cute for a boy hey!!!


I am off to collect the kids from school and take them shopping so they can spend their pocket money!

Labels: , , ,