Monday, November 13, 2006

Anger and Tolerance!

Amy's birthday!
I went to Amy's birthday party on Saturday night and had a wonderful time. The food / drink was totally yummy, the company was fantastic but something else hit me Saturday night. Amy's friend Julie, who I have known for years pulled on my 'soul strings' so to speak. I asked Julie if she had been up to anything interesting lately. She told me she just got back from a trip to Borneo to observe the monkeys in there natural habitat. I had to laugh at that one. Far out, how amazing is that! I really want to travel one day!
Today's Vent:
I have to vent my fustration right now! No family members know about my blog expect Neil! I have a family member (cousin) who is 30 years old! She just brought a house, has a nice car, good job and has been going out with the same guy now for 2 years. All good! Her and her sister (31) are the two most selfish people I have ever met! All they care about are themselves and they are rude (in-directly, if u know what I mean). Whenever I have some sort of interaction with either of them, I am left feeling about bad about myelf, hurt and so very angry. I spoke to one of them on Sunday and I still can't get over the phone conversation and it's MONDAY!!!! She has made me so angry! She is one of those 'no it all's' and is soooooo judgemental about everyone and everything! One topic that has left me this way is 'motherhood'. She has NO children. But she knows everything about children! Grrrr mate I can't stand people like this!!!! I have decided for my own good to NOT have anything more to do with her!
Anyway this picture above is my best friend Amy! She is one of the most amazing people I have ever met. One of my motto's in life is to surround myself with people who are positive and compassionate! Amy is one of these people! Amazing she is! She totally rocks my world!
If you have a family member and or friend that makes you feel bad about being YOU!!! Then GET THEM OUT OF YOUR LIFE! You don't need them!!!

I love this passage about anger:
"The destructive effects of hatred are very visible, very obvious and immediate. For example, when a strong or forceful thought of hatred arises, at that very instant it overwhelms one totally and destroys one's peace and presence of mind. If we examine how anger or hateful thoughts arise in us, we will find that, generally speaking, they arise when we feel hurt, when we feel that we have been unfairly treated by someone against our expectations. If one reacts to a situation in a negative way instead of in a tolerant way, not only is there no immediate benefit, but also a negative attitude and feeling is created which is the seed of one's future downfall. The only factor that can give refuge or protection from the destructive effects of anger and hatred is the practice of tolerance and patience."

And thus this one about tolerance:
"Patience is like a beautiful ornament. When you become a person with great patience, it brings a certain element of charm to your life. You are loved by others, and you give no problems to your friends. You bring an element of joy, happiness, and calmness to other people's lives - your friends, your family, and the community. You do not have to ask to be accepted; everyone longs for your presence. Everyone looks up to you and respects you, not because you have worked for that or expected it, not because you were competing for their favor, but simply because of the nature of patience. You are respected and trusted, and you acquire dignity with the practice of patience. When you are honored, it is with sincerity, and it is something you can live up to".