Friday, December 01, 2006

New found inspiration:

Congrats to Mel, your layout is beautiful girl! Love the jewels on the photo! Stunning! I am so proud of YOU!!!! xoxoxoxo


Scrapbooking Inspiration:
I am really close to one of my cousins girlfriend called Angie. At the moment she is very sick. She is waiting for a liver and she is only 32. When her mum was pregnant with her she got chicken pox. As a result her liver was no good. At the age of 8 she had her first liver transplant. (the donor organ was from a two year old boy who died in a car accident and the parents wanted Angie to have his liver). She was sick and missed school most of her childhood. She married my cousin Paul a few months back incase she dies. A few years back she found out that she was pregnant. Not good for her health. But now has a two year old little boy called Brandon. He his her little miracle.
I am getting 'real' with my scrapbooking now! I have decided to concentrate my scrapbook layouts on 'life lessons' for my boys. (what happens if I suddenly die>?). I want my boys to have 'MY' life lessons that 'I' have to teach them!!! Which will include stories and photos from my life, quotes and pieces of advice from all different resources. I want to teach my boys a little bit about life, the good stuff and the bad! I want to include such topics as 'compassion', 'life' and 'death', 'human rights', 'a true friend', 'the meaning of a family', 'a role model', 'religion', 'travel', 'education', 'love', 'nature', 'suffering', 'a pet', 'christmas', 'your soul', 'society'. etc!

Brotherhood Layout:
This is my first layout called Brotherhood. (Not a great scan, so much nicer IRL). The photo in the bottom left is my boys now (2006) and in the right corner is my brother and I way back in 1981.

Journalling reads:
Brother ; (1). 'a male offspring having both parents in common with another offspring; a male sibling. (2) '.a male numbered among the same kinship group, nationality, race, profession, etc., as another; an associate; a fellow member, fellow countryman, fellow man, etc'.
Boys you are lucky, that you have each other You are blessed beyond belief because you have each other, a 'brother'. My mama used to tell me the same thing when I was a little girl. The greatest gift in life she used to tell me; 'is your little brother'. 'You must always treat your brother with dignity and respect' and 'when you grow up you won't be alone as you will always have each other'. She used to go on and on about it. I couldn't understand why until now. Up until 1981, I was an only child. (I am four years older then your uncle Anothony). When Anthony first came home from the hospital I loved him instantly, he was like having a 'real life' baby doll. My mum used to let me hold him on the lounge with a pillow on my lap. I felt so needed and so grown-up back then. As time went on my brother and I had a 'strong bond'. We both knew that we had that 'special connection'. I believe the reason why we had such a strong psychological connection is because of your grandparents. There 'life' gift to us, they used to say; 'is each other'. When I look back at my childhood nearly every special moment has Anthony in it. We have a special history together that no one can replace. My beautiful boys, my gift to you is each other. Treat each other with dignity and respect. Love each other and be there for each other in good times and in bad. My brother and I had the best childhood because we had each other as playmates. We loved each other then in our own special way and we have the greatest respect for each other now. You are blood related you have a history together. You are my boys. You are brothers.


I created the pocket from a file folder and put ribbon around it and added two tiny safety pins to it. I covered it with patterend paper and added some jewels. In the centre is a felt flower with tiny dobs of white paint/black ink, a circle punched from a playing card and a tiny heart button. Inside the pocket is a bunch of tags and a playing card! The playing card has a photo of my brother and my boys on one side and on the other side it has the 10 ten things I love about my brother. One of the tags has 5 special connections that my boys have as brothers. The other tags have quotes on them, this is one of them;
' All the world is searching for joy and happiness, but these cannot be purchased for any price in any marketplace, because they are virtues that come from within, and like rare jewels must be polished, for they shine brightest in the light of faith and in the services of brotherly love'.
Lucille R. Taylor


Have a rockin weekend!