Friday, August 21, 2009

another layout!!!


I finished this layout off sometime this week. I did the journalling first and then the layout. I find that sometimes the journalling is enough to inspire me. I did two typed pages of a letter to my son Owen. Not last week but the week before, Owen told me one morning that his school is raising money for the 'shoe box of love foundation'. What is it? You buy a little box and add items to it that people living in third world countries will need. You need something educational, something medical, something fun to play with and something for their hygiene. They are alot of fun to put together. Owen and I donated $50 to the school to get the ball rolling. The school thanked us in the form of a letter to me and a certificate to Owen, .....so sweet! So that inspired this layout! I feel really good that I captured this meaningful tale on a layout, as in years to come I'll have forgoten.










I brought a bunch of us magazines tonight (CK, Scrapbooks etc, Memory Makers) for some layout topic ideas and I found so many sweet ones. One question pops up so what makes a scrapbook page amazing? For me it's lots of things, the journalling, an interesting layout topic, it's the story the layout has to tell and the memory is captures on paper forever.
xoxoxo